Guangdong University of Technology (GDUT), Guangzhou, China,
Invites Applications and Nominations forDeans and High level Talentsprofessors
Guangdong University of Technology, located in Guangzhou, P.R.China, is a key multi-disciplinary university of Guangdong Province with a history of over 50 years. With the advantage of bordering on Hong Kong and the benefits of Guangdong’s prosperous economic development, the university’s research and competitive power has been remarkably improved in recent years and the University has become a key educational and research institution in Guangdong province in Southern China.From 2015 on, Guangdong Province is going to invest 5 billion Chinese Yuan over the following 3 years to construct 3-5 High Level the Universities, and the University is successfully granted the fund by the Government as a key High Level University.
The University comprises 19 faculties and schools, offering 83 bachelor's programs. It has a full-time student population of over 47, 000, offering diverse courses in its 27 PhD programs, 88 master's programs (including MBA), and 5 Post-doctoral programs. The university has recruited more than100 chair professors and 3 deans since the introduction of the “One Hundred Talents” and “School deans” Programs in 2011. Benefiting from the economic and manufacturing power of Guangdong Province, the University interacts actively with governments, enterprises and markets to attract talents with innovative mechanisms, to retain talent with special talents recruiting policies and great sincerity. The uniqueness of the University’s talent recruiting and retaining program is its close collaboration with industry to lead talents towards market so that they can create market value while fulfilling academic value at the same time.
In order to realize the aim of leap-forward development, GDUT continueto implement the high-level talents recruitment programs, including Deans of five different schools, the “Top Talents” chair professors and “High level Talents” professors.
I. Faculty Positions
1. Top Talents Recruitment Plan
The university plans to invite top scholars, experts and entrepreneurs who are honored as following titles:
(1) Academician (2) The National outstanding youth fund gainers, The Yangtze River Scholars (3) The National Thousand Talents Plan experts, (4)Guangdong Province leading talents, Guangdong Province Innovation team leader (5)The National Excellent youth fund gainers, The National Thousand Young Talents Plan experts
(2)The university’s “One-Hundred Young Talents” Associate Professors
II. Person Specification, Salary andBenefits(All the payments below are before tax, Unit:RMB )
Person Specification, Salary and Benefits
Positions for Top Talents are available all the time. Apart from the benefits of national andprovincial support, our University offers competitive support for the introduced Top Talents as follows:
(1) Academician: The annual salary and housing allowance can be negotiated during the interview. (2) The National outstanding youth fund gainers, The Yangtze River Scholars; The annual salary can be up to ￥1,200,000RMB(USD174,000), and housing allowance can be up to ￥3,000,000 RMB(USD436,000). (3) The National Thousand Talents Plan experts: The annual salary can be up to￥1,000,000 RMB(USD145,000), housing allowance can be up to ￥2,100,000 RMB(USD305,000). (4) Guangdong Province leading talents, Guangdong Province Innovation team leader: The annual salary can be up to￥1,000,000 RMB(USD145,000), housing allowance can be up to ￥2,100,000 RMB(USD305,000). (5) The National Excellent youth fund gainers, The National Thousand Young Talents Plan experts: The annual salary for The National Excellent youth fund gainers can be up to 650,000 RMB (USD 94,400), and housing allowance can be up to￥1,500,000 RMB(USD218,000). The annual salary for The National Thousand Young Talents Plan experts can be approximately ￥400,000 RMB (USD58,000)to 600,000 RMB (USD 87,000), and housing allowance can be up to￥1,350,000 RMB(USD196,000).
The startup R&D funding for Top Talents can be up to ￥20,000,000 RMB(USD2,910,000).
2. Person Specification fortheuniversity’s “One-Hundred Talents” Chair Professors
The eligible candidates must have a doctoral degree(s) or have professor titles, and no older than 50 in general. The applicants for The “School Deans” Program shall have good capacity in organization and coordination competence to lead the school for further development. Applications from individuals as The National outstanding youth fund gainer or The Yangtze River Scholar or The National Thousand Talents Plan experts or the key leader froma well-known university or researchinstitute are strongly encouraged.
Salary and benefits:
(1) We offer competitive compensation package and benefits for the qualified candidates. The annual compensation can be up to ￥1000,000 RMB (USD160,000);
(2) We also provide qualified candidates with housing subsidy (approximately 100 ㎡temporary apartment), and for those who want to buy an apartment in Guangzhou, the university can offer a housing allowance up to ￥800,000 RMB(USD130,000).
(3) The startup R&D funding can be up to ￥10,000,000 RMB(USD1600,000). The laboratory space will be provided according to work objectives and plans.
(4) Other benefits can be negotiated during the interview.
3. Person specification for The University’s “One-Hundred Young Talents” Associate Professors
Age below 35, hold a doctoral degree(s), graduated from a famous overseas university or a National Key University, have working experiences in a well-known overseas laboratories, research institute, national key research platform and achieved satisfactory initial results; gained at least 5 academic achievements as the first author in recent five years, including high level academic papers, patents at home and abroad, host national research project and achieve academic awards over provincial level, etc.
Salary and benefits:
Provide competitive salary packages,the annual salary for the associate professorsis over￥200,000 RMB(USD29,000); Provide a temporary apartment and housing allowance; Startup R&D funding and laboratory space will also be offered.
III. Contact Information
All the documents and inquiries (including CV and work plans etc.) should be addressed to:Contact person:Mr. Cao Feng, Ms Ruiyin Yang, Mr.Su Fulin
The university will continue to look for qualified candidates until all the openings are filled.More information can be found on the university website:www.gdut.edu.cn
The university plans to invite scholars, experts and entrepreneurs of the following disciplines to work as Chair Professors and Associate Professor:
(1) Ultra-precision machine，manufacturing and inspection technology; IC packaging; robotics; intelligent manufacturing; Ceramic materials, etc.
(2) Nonferrous metal,material forming and mold technology; soft matter；heat and mass transfer engineering; energy materials, thermodynamic system; solar energy etc.
(3) Complex system theory and Applications, Modeling and Control of Nonlinear Systems, power system operation and control; New energy power generation and control technology; Electrical equipment control, Electrical Engineering etc.
(4) Lighting and information displaying technology; Laser lithography, optical system design, weak optical signal detection and processing; radio frequency technology and Engineering.
(5) High performance computing, information integration system, software design theory and methods, information security, chip design and embedded systems, intelligent media information processing.
(6) Structural Engineering, Rock and soil engineering, Bridge and railroad engineering, Disaster prevention and reduction engineering, Urban utilities engineering, building energy conservation, Engineering mechanics，Surveying and Mapping, Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
(7) novel catalytic and functional materials; fine chemicals; biological resources.
(8) Environmental Chemistry; Water Pollution and Air Pollution Control，Environmental Pollution, Exposure and human health.
(9) Management systems engineering; Supply chain and logistics management; Industry engineering
(10) Industrial Design Integration Innovation, Innovative Design of Digital Media Integration, Sustainable Environmental Design, User Experience Design, Information and Interaction Design, etc.
(11) Computational intelligence and applications; Multi-objective optimization theory and applications; Differential dynamical systems; Control theory and applications; Mathematical statistics.
(12) Electronic science and technology; Electronic circuit and system.
(13) International Trade English, International Trade (applicants shall hold a bachelor degree from a university located in a English speaking country or Japan )
(14) Drug analysis, drug metabolism, cell biology, pharmacology and pathology, proteomics, metabolic proteomics, bioinformatics.
(15) International Economics and Trade, Finance, Investment Principles, Finance Engineering, Industrial Economy.